Infrared Sauna Weight Loss – Calories Burned In Infrared Sauna – In An Hour
If anyone tells you that they love to wake-up at 6 AM and go for a jog each morning, you can be sure they're lying. Nobody likes doing physical work. Period. Infrared Saunas and general exercises are locked in a dead heat when they go head to head with regards to their benefits. Given that Infrared Saunas allow you to lose weight in a much more passive way, it's not hard to see why many people have started moving towards this new trend.
Calories Burned In Infrared Sauna Per Hour
A healthy weight is critical to a long and healthy life. According to recent studies, Infrared Sauna can incinerate up to 600 calories within a 30-minute session. This makes weight loss through Infrared Sauna more effective than most regular exercises including jogging, which burns 300 calories in a 30-minute session; cycling, which burns 225 calories in a 30-minute session; swimming, which burns 300 calories in 30 minutes, and bowling, which expunges 120 calories within 30 minutes.
An Infrared Sauna causes a person with average levels of fitness to discharge over a pound of sweat within 30 minutes. The result is similar to what is witnessed when a person jogs some 2-3 miles. The water discharged in Infrared Saunas in turn expel calories from the body, but the lost water can be replaced by re-hydrating the body with water. This is tantamount to a seamless weight loss scheme.
Does Infrared Sauna Work To Lose Weight?
Infrared Saunas are based on natural processes. Naturally, infrared rays penetrate the walls of body cells and tissues. Far infrared rays can drill some 3-inches deep into the skin, and stimulate sweat secretion. This penetration of heat waves into the deeper parts of the body unsettles toxins that lay deep inside. Infrared heat is highly effective because of its capacity to contain the generated heat inside the body, with minimal loss of energy to the surrounding environment. The sun is an archetypal source of infrared heat. The effect of the Sun's infrared heat can be felt on the skin on a chilly, sunny day. A living human being constantly emits infrared energy into the environment. The incoming infrared waves vibrate at frequency similar to that of the infrared wave leaving the body, hence they easily penetrate deep inside the skin and beyond cellular walls.
Unlike the traditional Saunas, the Far Infrared Sauna does not drill sweat out of the human body in a draconian way. While the temperatures of traditional saunas range between 180 - 220 F, Far Infrared Saunas keep temperatures between 90 - 120 F. Far infrared saunas may operate with lesser temperatures than what is applicable in the traditional sauna, but they outperform the traditional saunas in terms of sweat stimulation. This is due to the fact that infrared heat sinks deep inside the skin.When body temperature is raised above 100 F by the infrared heat, body fat begins to dissolve and turn soluble. The soluble fatty content is then easily swept away by the blood stream and expelled from the body via the water that breaks forth as sweat, culminating in instantaneous weight loss. Through the enhancement of overall solubility of body compounds and chemicals caused by the inflow of infrared heat, toxins are dredged out of deep places, resulting in rapid detoxification.
Infrared heat also ramps up blood circulation. It has been discovered through research that a leap in blood flow rate from 5 quarts per minute to over 13 quarts per minute was recorded upon the exposure of the body to Far Infrared Sauna. This heightening of blood flow rate results in the replication of benefits associated with cardiovascular workouts, including the reduction of inflammation, and healing of pain in muscles and bones. The holistic health benefits offered by Infrared Sauna make it a widely used health practice across the globe for decades.
Infrared Sauna Benefits
1. Weight loss and regularization of body acidity: An overly acidic body is less responsive to weight loss programs. This is due to the fact that the body produces insulin at a rate higher than average when it is operating in an environment with high levels of acidity. Since insulin facilitates the storage of fat, high levels of insulin in the body results in the excessive storage of fat.
This militates against the efficiency of any fat burning exercise. But since Infrared Sauna is designed to eliminate toxins and excessive acidity from the body, it enhances the possibility of weight loss.
Studies have proved that Infrared Sauna is 3 times more potent as a detoxifier than the traditional version. While the sweat extracted by the exposure to the traditional sauna contains 97-97% water, the sweat stimulated by infrared heat contains only 80% water, with the rest of the solution containing toxic substances like fluoride, lead and aluminium.
2. Minimization of cellulite and enhancement of the immune system: Cellulite is a gel-like composite of water, fat and wastes, and they are trapped in crevices underneath the skin. When the body sweats profusely, it sweeps out cellulite from underneath the skin. Generally, detoxification enhances the efficiency of the immune system. Therefore, the detoxifying effects of Far Infrared Saunas result in the galvanization of the immune system.
3. Stress relief: Infrared sauna is famous for its soothing, relaxing effects. Infrared saunas charge up muscle tissues, meliorating tension in the muscles. Coupled with its detoxifying effect, infrared sauna makes for a refreshing, rejuvenating experience.
4. Improvement of cardiovascular functions: Another benefit of infrared sauna that has been proved by studies is its effect on blood pressure. Naturally, the heart pumps blood faster when sweat comes pouring down the body. The inducement of sweating caused by infrared sauna sessions leads to greater heart rates, ramps up blood circulation, and ultimately prevents the deterioration of heart health.
5. Relief of muscle and joint pains: As the infrared rays penetrate the walls of tissues and cells including those of muscles and ligaments cells, they shake up the muscles inside out, eliminating cramps and even chronic pains. Infrared heat also enhances the inflow of oxygen in the blood. It facilitates the transportation of nutrients and chemicals around all parts of the body. As a result of these attributes, infrared saunas are great for a wide array of purposes, from warm up preps for athletes to the treatment of rheumatism and arthritis and everything in between.
6. Enhancement of skin tone and the eradication of skin problems: Not only do Infrared Saunas ramp up heart rate and clear out toxic waste from the body, they also stimulate the secretion of collagen, which is responsible for skin elasticity. Hence, Infrared Saunas can help eliminate wrinkles and even out skin tone. Infrared heat also come with characteristics that are similar to the near-infrared LED heating technology used for removal of scars, hence it can aid in the healing of wounds and skin problems such as eczema, acne and skin blemishes. In addition, infrared energy catalyzes the generation of body cells, hence Infrared Saunas aid quick recovery from ailments and injuries.
The Downsides of Far Infrared Sauna
1. It is a relatively less efficient weight loss scheme: The weight loss resulting from Infrared Sauna sessions may only be short-lived. The main mechanism which Infrared Sauna is based on is perspiration. Since the perspiration stimulated by an Infrared Sauna session does not result in a significant increment in metabolism rates, the elimination of fat resulting from this perspiration still leaves behind a sizable proportion of fat cells in the body.
2. It may give rise to a number of health problems: Infrared Saunas help keep high blood pressure at bay, but they can also trigger low blood pressure in the same vein. Other possible side effects of Infrared sauna include dehydration, heat stroke, and some cardiovascular problems. If you have a preexisting condition such as diabetes, it is highly advisable to consult a doctor before engaging in an Infrared sauna session.
While exercises are highly effective for cutting down excess fat, they strain muscle tissues in unpleasant ways. However, with Infrared Saunas, you can lose up to 600 calories within a space of 30 minutes! As the body strives to adjust its temperature back to the normal as the infrared waves come sweeping through it, the heart rate is increased, blood circulation is heightened, and fat contents are rendered soluble.
Setting up an Infrared Sauna is fairly easy for anyone. This can be done in less than an hour. Be that as it may, it is advisable to keep the sessions under 30 minutes per day, and to engage in sessions only 3 times per week in order to get the best of Infrared saunas, whether the purpose for engaging in it is for stress relief, weight loss, or otherwise.